Priscilla Presley’s ’emotional’ verdict on her biopic that’s denied Elvis music | Films | Entertainment

Last year Baz Luhrmann released his Elvis Presley biopic and now we’re getting one about the star’s ex-wife Priscilla Presley.

Sofia Coppola’s adaptation of her memoir Elvis and Me, simply called Priscilla, is set to hit cinemas later this year.

However, unlike the Austin Butler movie, they were unable to get permission to use The King’s music.

The Hollywood Reporter revealed the movie features anachronistic tracks instead like the 1980 Ramones cover of The Ronettes’ 1963 song Baby I Love You.

This was only after Coppola was denied the use of The King’s back catalogue by Elvis Presley Enterprises after she sought permission.

EPE, the company that turned the director down, is 85 per cent owned by Authentic Brands Group, while the other 15 per cent is with the Presley family.

On why the Priscilla movie was denied the use of Elvis’ music, Coppola said: “They don’t like projects that they haven’t originated, and they’re protective of their brand. But that made us be more creative.”

Meanwhile, Priscilla herself has given her verdict on the A24 movie after viewing the film for the first time in May.

Priscilla said: “When I saw the movie, I tried to separate myself and live it as if I was just a fan or just someone that’s wanting to see the movie.“

At the end, I actually, I was quite emotional. Only being 14. You look back and you go, ‘Why me? Why am I here? Why am I driving in a limo, going through the gates of Graceland with Elvis?’ ”

Priscilla is set to premiere at the Venice International Film Festival on September 4 and releases in US theatres on October 27, 2023. A UK release date remains TBC.

Denial of responsibility! is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – at The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Read original article here

Leave A Reply