10+ Newly Launched Telegram Features That Might Come in Handy
Telegram is one of the most used messaging applications that started in 2013 and since then has become the fastest-growing app in the world. Telegram just turned 9 on August 14 and currently, it has over 700 million users. One thing that has stayed the same for Telegram since its inception is its knack for coming up with new features.
Today, let’s have a look at some of the latest Telegram Features that you can use right now. Along with the features, we will also share the procedure to use it when needed. Before you go through the list, make sure you are using the latest version of the Telegram App on your device. Check for updates in the Google Play Store if you are using an Android device and Apple Store if you have an IOS device.
1. Importing Chats to Telegram From Other Applications
Telegram has introduced a chat import feature that allows users to import their chat history from other messaging apps, including WhatsApp. One can export chat from other messaging apps and import the exported chat into Telegram.
All your conversations will automatically be loaded into Telegram chats, and one can start from where he/she left off. This feature comes in handy when one wants to move their conversations from other apps to the Telegram app. The feature works for Android and iPhone both. It also works for apps like Line and KakaoTalk.
How to import chats on an Android device-
- Open the chat you want to export in WhatsApp.
- Tap on the 3 vertical dots.
- Go to More and tap on Export Chat.
- Select Telegram from the Share Menu.
How to import chats on an ios device-
- Open WhatsApp and select the conversation you want to export.
- Go to Contact Info or Group Info.
- Tap on Export Chat.
- Choose Telegram from the Share Menu.
- Now Select the contact you want to import.
2. Setting Global Timer for Telegram Chats
The Auto Delete All Chats feature allows you to set a global auto delete timer that will automatically delete messages in all new chats. This means in every new chat you start or join, the messages will be automatically deleted after the set time.
The global timer doesn’t affect existing chats. You can easily extend the auto-delete settings to any of these chats by navigating to the new menu at Settings> Privacy & Security> Auto Delete messages.
Telegram also allows you to delete the chat history of a specific day or date range in a single chat. Open the chat, click on the date, select the dates of your choice, and click Delete Chat History for those days. The chat will be automatically deleted for a specific date. You can also see the cool animation.
How to set a global chat timer for all Telegram Chats
- Open the Telegram app on your smartphone.
- Click on the chat for which you want to set up automatic deletion.
- Tap on the profile picture of the person or group.
- Select More and then Enable auto-delete.
- Choose a time frame for auto-deletion: 1 day, 1 week, a month, or another time period.
- Once set, messages in the chat will be automatically deleted after the selected time.
3. Sharing Telegram Chat Folders with Others
One can share your chat folder with other people on Telegram. Chat folders will help you organize your chats in the Telegram app. You can create a chat folder for work, for news, for your friend group, and add all the individual chats associated with it to the folder. Once created, chat folders are automatically added to the Telegram home screen. You can swipe back and forth between these tabs to quickly access chats. This is the easiest way to organize your cluttered Telegram chats and not miss any important messages. Recently, Telegram introduced the ability to share chat folders in the app. You can share chat folders with a single link. Recipients can instantly join all chats within the shared folder by tapping on the shared link.
You can create multiple invitation links for each chat folder, each granting access to different chats. When creating a link, users can select which chats they want to include in the shared folder. Unique names can be given to folders like “News” or “Movie Updates”.
How to Share Chat Folder with Others
Open the Telegram app on your smartphone and go to the chats. If one is using an iPhone, long press on the chat folder, click on the Share option, select the chats you want to include and exclude, and click Share to share the link.
If one is using an Android device, click the 3-dot menu in the upper left corner of the screen, go to Settings, select the chat folder you want to share, and click the Create link. This will create the link copy the link and share it with friends and colleagues.
4. Posting Anonymous Messages in Public Groups
Sometimes one doesn’t want to reveal their identity when they participate in discussions in Telegram groups. With the Telegram app, one can use the channel’s name and picture in group messages without revealing your identity. Instead of seeing your account, people see the details of your channel. To use this, one needs to create a Telegram channel. If you already have a channel, you can use its details to post messages. If not, you can create a Telegram channel following the step-by-step instructions.
Procedure to post anonymous messages in public groups-
- Open the Telegram group you want to join the discussion.
- Click on your profile picture in the top left corner. Here you will see the list of all the Telegram channels you own.
- Select the channel where you want to post a message. Type the message and click Send.
- Instead of your personal account information, users will see the channel’s profile picture.
5. Managing downloads on Telegram using Download Manager
Telegram app has a download manager that allows users to manage their downloads in one place conveniently. This is especially useful for those who frequently download multiple files, movies, and more. With the download manager, you can pause or resume all downloads or select individual files to do.
One can also prioritize downloads. After you download a file, the download icon appears at the top of the screen. One can tap the icon to view and manage downloads. Alternatively, one can tap the search bar and select Downloads to view and manage your currently downloaded files in the Telegram app.
Procedure to download manager in the Telegram app-
- Open the Telegram app on your smartphone and download any files. You will see a new download icon at the top.
- Click on it to view all your current downloads in the Telegram app. You can also tap on the search function and click on the Downloads tab.
- You can manage all your downloads. Tap on individual files, pause the download, prioritize the file, and more.
6. Translating Messages in Real Time
Telegram app offers a variety of channels in different languages. If you use an external translation app to understand messages you receive in the Telegram app, you will be happy to hear that there’s a built-in translation feature.
Those who are not premium subscribers can enable this feature by long-pressing on a message and clicking the Translate option. The message will be translated for you. As a premium subscriber, you can translate entire group messages into group channels in real time. To do this, use the Translate button at the top of the chat box.
Procedure to enable message translation-
- Open the Telegram app on your smartphone and go to Settings.
- Scroll down, click on the Languages, and activate the Show Translate button.
- Select the language you want your chats to be translated into. You can also set rules for Do Not Translate.
- If you are a premium subscriber, you can activate the Translate entire chats option.
- Go back to the chats you want to translate. Long press on the message and click Translate to translate the message.
7. Hiding Media when Sharing on Telegram
To avoid posting spoilers in your Telegram group chats or to surprise someone, you can use the new Hide with Spoilers feature. This feature allows you to hide media before sharing it with others in the Telegram app. It is helpful when sharing spoilers. When you send media with spoilers, Telegram adds a blur effect to the image that the recipients can see.
Procedure to hide when media-
- Open the Telegram app on your smartphone and go to the chat where you want to share the image.
- Select the image, click on the image with 3 dots at the top, and select the Hide with Spoiler option.
- Now send the image. The recipient can tap on the image to remove the blur effect and view the picture.
8. Setting custom wallpaper to Telegram Chats
The messaging app has introduced a new feature to customize the chat appearance. Users can now set their own wallpaper for any 1-to-1 chat. Once a custom wallpaper is set, a message is sent to the chat partner so they can use the same wallpaper on their end or create their own.
Procedure to set custom wallpaper-
- Open the Telegram app and go to the chat for which you want to set a custom wallpaper.
- Click on the 3-dot menu in the upper right corner of the screen and tap on Set wallpaper.
- Choose the wallpaper. To create a custom wallpaper, click on Choose Wallpaper from the gallery and select the photo you want to set as wallpaper. Customize it by adjusting the background setting a motion and much more.
- After setting the wallpaper, the recipient will receive a message that he/she can use the same wallpaper on his/her page. If he/she wants they can tap on the view and set wallpaper. This feature can’t be turned off.
9. Setting alerts for Live Locations on Telegram
Live location is a handy feature in personal messaging apps like WhatsApp and Telegram. When you enable and share your live location, they can see your location in real time on a map in their app. Recently Telegram announced a number of new notification features for Live Locations in Telegram. If your friends share their live location with you, you can set up an alert on Telegram to notify you when they are nearby.
The live location feature now shows the direction your friends are facing. This way you won’t miss each other when you meet up, even if it’s crowded. The app also lets you set how long you want to share your location. Once that time period is up, the app will automatically stop sharing your location.
Procedure to set alerts for live location-
- Open Telegram on your smartphone and select the chat where you want to share your live location.
- Tap the attachment icon near the message box.
- Choose Location.
- Click on Send My Current Location to share your current location.
- To share your moving location, tap Share my live location for… and select a duration.
- Tap on the alert icon and set an alert. Now enter the distance.
- Confirm with OK.
- Give Telegram permission to access your location when prompted.
- Your live location will now be shared with the selected chat for the duration of your chat.
10. Posting Stories on Telegram
Do you like WhatsApp Status and Instagram Stories but miss them on Telegram? No need to worry as Telegram now has its version of stories. Just like other platforms, you can add pictures and videos to your stories and customize them with stickers, location, info, and more.
Telegram Stories are available to all users without a premium subscription. One can control who can see your stories and disable screenshots if you don’t want viewers to take a screenshot of your posts. You can edit stories you have already posted on Telegram.
If you are a Telegram subscriber, you will get additional benefits like priority order, stealth mode, and more. One can show up to 100 stories per day.
How to post stories on Telegram-
- Open the Telegram app and click the camera icon at the bottom right of your screen.
- Press the shutter button for a photo or hold it down for a video. Swipe up to select from your gallery.
- Customize the story with captions, add stickers, and click Next.
- Decide who can see your story and click Post Story.
- If you want to edit a story after posting it, click on your chat page to see the story icons. Click on the thumbnail of your profile picture to see your story.
- Now go to the story you want to edit. Click on 3 vertical dots and select edit story.
- Make your changes, such as adding stickers or adjusting text. Click the Done icon at the bottom right to save.
11. Turning On Power Saving Mode to Save Battery Life
The recently introduced power-saving mode helps you reduce power consumption and extend your smartphone’s battery life. The new mode can be activated automatically when your smartphone’s battery drops to a certain level. You can choose which effects you want to disable with individual switches in the app.
Procedure to turn on power saving mode-
- Open the Telegram app on your smartphone and go to Settings.
- Select Power Saving.
- Adjust the slider to decide at what battery level you want to activate the power-saving mode.
- Use the toggle switches to select the effects you want to turn off.
1. Are all these features available on Android as well as iOS?
Yes, most of these features are available on both Android as well as iOS devices.
Denial of responsibility! yesspdf.com is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – at email@example.com The content will be deleted within 24 hours.