Jamie Oliver’s ‘seriously good’ lunch recipe ready in 20 minutes
Described as “fresh and zingy”, here is how to make Jamie Oliver’s chicken satay-style noodle salad.
Cooks in: 20 minutes
- One x 220g tin of pineapple rings in juice
- 200g vermicelli rice noodles
- One x 320g pack of stir-fry veg
- One clove of garlic
- One fresh red chilli
- Two limes
- Two tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- Two tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- Four free-range chicken thighs, skin off, bone out
- One bunch of fresh coriander (30g)
- One bunch of fresh mint (30g)
- One teaspoon sesame oil
- Two teaspoons sesame seeds
At Tesco, the cost to get all the ingredients together works out to £2.35 per lunch serving.
Jamie Oliver said: “You’ve got beautifully juicy chicken, crunchy veg and a sweet and sour hit from the grilled pineapple – seriously good!”
5. Spoon a third of the peanut dressing over 4 chicken thighs and toss to coat, then griddle for four minutes on each side, or until
dark, gnarly and cooked through.
6. Roughly chop the pineapple rings and add to the platter. Finely slice one bunch of fresh coriander (30g) and pick and finely slice one bunch of fresh mint (30g), then add to the platter, reserving a small handful for garnish. Add the drained veg and noodles, and toss everything together.
7. Slice the chicken 1cm-thick, drizzle with one teaspoon of sesame oil and two teaspoons of sesame seeds, season, then toss to coat.
8. Toss the chicken with the noodles, scatter over the reserved herbs, finely slice and sprinkle over ½ a fresh red chilli.
And, voilà, you have a perfectly satisfying lunch to enjoy around noon.
If you are not a fan of pineapple, you can use tinned peaches or freshly squeezed orange juice for the recipe.
For veggies, you can replace chicken with firm tofu. Do note that tofu still needs to be marinated in the same way.
Tofu, however, only needs to be on the griddle for a few moments on each side.
Denial of responsibility! yesspdf.com is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – at firstname.lastname@example.org The content will be deleted within 24 hours.