Pixel 9 might come with Apple MagSafe-like Qi2 wireless charging; Pixel 8a dummy units leak
Separately, alleged Pixel 8a dummy units have surfaced online, courtesy of No Name and xleaks7. These images give us a hint about the design and the dimensions.
Pixel 9 might come with Qi2 wireless charging
- One of the board of directors at WPC is Liyu Yang (observed by The Verge), who is also a wireless charging expert and a senior hardware engineer at Google.
- As per the WPC blog post, Yang is “currently leading the investigation and design of next-generation wireless charging platforms for future Pixel products.”
- The words ‘next-generation wireless charging’ and ‘future Pixel products’ strongly establish a connection that Qi2 charging could be heading to the Pixel 9 series.
- Since Yang is a board member at WPC, it would be strange if the wireless charging tech didn’t find its way to Google’s flagship offerings.
Qi2 wireless charging
The key upgrade with the Qi2 wireless charging is its Magnetic Power Profile (MPP). This technology is similar to Apple’s MagSafe. Interestingly, this was contributed by the Cupertino giant to WPC. This still offers 15W charging but since it relies on magnets to align the transmitter and receiver coils perfectly, the power transfer is efficient.
There is also another Qi2 profile, dubbed the Extended Power Profile (EPP). The only difference is between MPP and EPP.
Pixel 8a dummy unit
Earlier Pixel 7a leaks suggested the phone would arrive with a more rounded design compared to Pixel 7a. The dummy units back this claim. The new leak says the phone will measure 153.44 x 72.74 x 8.94. The Pixel 8a is expected to launch around the first half of 2024.
- The Pixel 8a will have a centre-positioned punch-hole cutout and sizeable bezels around the display.
- The volume rocker and power buttons are on the right edge.
- Moving to the back, you see a horizontal island and this houses dual camera sensors and an LED flash cutout.
Denial of responsibility! yesspdf.com is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – at firstname.lastname@example.org The content will be deleted within 24 hours.