Should you buy the iPhone 14 or wait for iPhone 15?
Apple is just days away from launching the iPhone 15 series and the lineup is expected to include at least four models like the predecessors. If rumours and leaks are to be believed, Apple will be extending the Dynamic Island design to the standard models as well and the biggest of all additions will be the Type-C port. With these and a few other improvements in the pipeline, the iPhone 15 surely looks exciting compared to older iPhones. But then again, the older iPhones will receive a price cut during the upcoming sales on Flipkart and Amazon.
At this juncture, it is quite normal to be confused about whether you should pick the iPhone 14 or go with the iPhone 15. In this article, we will have a breakdown of which should you buy.
iPhone 15: what new features can you expect?
The iPhone 15 is all set to go official in a few days and will arrive as a successor to the iPhone 14 from last year.
- Going by the renders/dummy units, the design will largely be identical with dual camera sensors on the back, a boxy chassis, and rounded corners. However, the front might get a revamped design, thanks to the Dynamic Island notch similar to last year’s Pro models.
- The iPhone 15 Pro models are rumoured to come with a titanium frame with a textured finish. There are chances that these might be expanded to base iPhone 15 variants as well.
- Additionally, there will be thinner bezels around the screen and this should offer an immersive viewing experience.
- The biggest of all changes to this year’s iPhone 15 will be the Type-C port. Yes, Apple is finally pulling the plug on the good-old Lightning port. This means you can carry just a single cable to charge all your devices. For someone who is scared of forgetting or tired of carrying an extra cable always, this is a big boon.
Now, let’s talk about the hardware specifications to see what upgrades the iPhone 15 brings over the iPhone 15.
- ProMotion Display? The standard iPhone 15 will have the same display size as the iPhone 14 i.e. a 6.1-inch XDR OLED screen and we might see a 120Hz ProMotion support this time around (fingers crossed).
- Powerful processor: The iPhone 15 will get last year’s A16 Bionic chipset, which is quite powerful in comparison to the two-year-old A15 SoC on the iPhone 14. This should offer a significant performance improvement.
- Upgraded Cameras: Rumours suggest that the 48MP camera on the iPhone 14 Pro series will make its way to the standard iPhone 15. These will be equipped with a Sony sensor, which is claimed to capture more light and this allows for improved dynamic range in photos. This is a huge improvement and if you are a camera enthusiast, this is a big reason to upgrade.
- Bigger Battery: The iPhone 15 will have an 18 percent bigger battery compared to the iPhone 14. The iPhone 15 is tipped to feature a 3,877mAh battery, while the iPhone 14 has a 3,279mAh battery.
Then, should buy the iPhone 14 right now?
In conclusion, the iPhone 15 is definitely a superior upgrade over the iPhone 14. The biggest of all changes is the inclusion of the Type-C port and possibly a 120Hz ProMotion display. The whole user experience will be much better as the phone will get a powerful A16 Bionic chipset. But all of that comes at a cost, as Apple will launch the iPhone 15 in the range of its standard model pricing, i.e Rs 79,900 in India.
On the flip side, the iPhone 14 will expectedly receive a major price cut during the upcoming Dussehra/Diwali sales on Amazon and Flipkart. The iPhone 14 is currently retailing in the range of Rs 67,000 on Amazon. However, the outgoing model last year, the iPhone 13, momentarily fell to almost Rs 50,000 in the festive sales. Similar lucrative discounts can be expected this year on the iPhone 14. It would make it more affordable to everyone, but you will be missing out on one of the major upgrades to the base variant. If the above-mentioned changes/upgrades don’t really matter to you and you just want an iPhone, the upcoming sale will be a good time to pick the iPhone 14.
Denial of responsibility! yesspdf.com is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – at email@example.com The content will be deleted within 24 hours.