X (Twitter) alternative, Instagram’s Threads, to get web version this week: Report
Meta Threads web version launch timeline
- As per a report by the WSJ, Meta is planning to unveil the web version of the newly launched microblogging app early this week.
- However, it also mentions that the current plans for introducing the feature are not final and could potentially be subject to changes.
A week ago, Adam Mosseri, the head of Instagram, said that they are currently working on the web version of the Threads app and it will still need some changes before it goes public. On the other hand, recently, Mark Zuckerberg has also confirmed that Threads web will be added “in the next few weeks”.
What is Threads and how to use it?
- Threads can be thought of as Instagram’s counterpart to Twitter. It shares similarities in terms of its user interface and how it operates, resembling Twitter’s setup where you create text-based updates that appear in a centralised feed.
- What Instagram has essentially done is integrate the core features of the main app into Threads, which includes liking, commenting, and sharing.
- The Threads app was made public in July and then it was updated a number of time with several new features, including Translations, Following tab, and much more.
- However, as per reports, the Threads app encountered a notable decline in its daily active users. Following its peak of around 50,000 daily active users on Android devices in early July, the app’s user count has now stands at approx 10 million.
Log in to Threads using your Instagram account
- Instagram Threads is accessible for download on both iOS and Android platforms.
- To obtain the new app, visit either the App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Upon successful installation, you can log in using your existing Instagram account. (If you happen to possess multiple Instagram accounts, you can decide which one to use for logging in.)
- You have the option to configure your profile by adding a new profile picture, a bio, and links, or you can opt to import these details from your Instagram account.
- Following this, you can choose whether you’d like to maintain your Threads profile as private or public.
- The setup process proceeds by offering you the choice of whether you wish to follow the same accounts as your Instagram account or not.
- Once these steps are completed, your Instagram Threads profile is now ready for use.
Denial of responsibility! yesspdf.com is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – at firstname.lastname@example.org The content will be deleted within 24 hours.